For some time now I’ve wanted to branch out beyond static and video infographics and dabble in interactive, programming-based visualizations. There’s a lot of options out there, but rather than try to decide which was best, I finally just decided to jump in and start learning Processing. While looking for tutorials, I came across this video from Lynda.com that’s not only an overview of what can be done in Processing, but a nice historical overview of data visualization in general.
Processing tutorial: Overview of data visualization
About Jeff BennettOwner & Designer at Digital Splash Media. Multimedia Web Content: Visual Explanations | Animated Explanation Videos | Infographics, Data Visualization, & Diagrams
- 2014 Oakland Athletics Season Visualized October 6, 2014
- 2014 College Football Rankings Visualization October 6, 2014
- Baseball Data Visualization Experiment May 18, 2014
- Visualizing Volcanic Eruptions with CartoDB May 14, 2014
- Behind the Scenes: The Making of an Animated Infographic Video May 12, 2014
- Grudge Match: Pie Chart vs. Bar Chart February 2, 2013
- Word Count as Bar Chart Visualization Mockups November 8, 2012
- Sketchnote Handbook Review December 29, 2012
- Variations in US Unemployment Interactive Infographic Mock-up November 24, 2012
- 2012 Year in Review Personal Visual Summary January 1, 2013
- Edward Tufte: “De fato, a história da visualização de dados é substancialmente a história da ciência” | Jornalismo de dados: [...] Via [...]...
- Harry van der Velde: First: This is incredible smart technology. What...
- Andrew Marritt: Thanks for the interesting post. Our workflow is t...
- John Cleese on Creativity – Video and Sketchnotes | VizThinker | Stan Stewart's Blog: [...] See on vizthinker.com [...]...
- Jeff Bennett: Good to hear. Thanks Stephen. Good to read your ar...
Alberto Cairo Alberto Cairo's Introduction to Infographics and Data Visualization Andrea Camilleri AP Top 25 Austin Kleon Baltimore Ravens Baseball Binaebi Akah College Football College Football Rankings creativity Critical Thinking Dan Roam Dave Gray Digital Health Digital Splash Media Eva-Lotta Lamm Featured Football Francesco Franchi Great Gatsby Hospital Illustrations Illustrator Javier Sandoval Kim Reese Major League Baseball Martin Krzywinski Michael Babwahsinh Mike Rohde Napkin Academy Oakland As Oakland Athletics Picture It Solved Picture Superiority Effect Pulp Fiction RAW Rebekah Olsen sports Sunni Brown Veronica Erb video Visual Cheat Sheet Visual Thinking Books VizWeek 2012