As a fan of both craft beer and visualization I thought it would be fun to visualize the array of different craft beers I’ve tried over the last year or so. I’ve been wanting to experiment with some of the different chart types available in Density Design’s RAW data visualization tool and thought a dendrogram […]
As a fan of both craft beer and visualization I thought it would be fun ...
Visualizing Correlations with Connected & Animated Scatter & Bubble Plots Seems like I’ve gotten a ...
I’ve been doing some exploratory data visualization of sugar consumption correlations to obesity rates and ...
Over on Digital Splash Media I’ve recently shared some experimentation with two fairly new online ...
Visualizing Correlations with Connected & Animated Scatter & Bubble Plots Seems like I’ve gotten a bit obsessed with scatter plots and bubble plots lately over on Digital Splash Media. I’ve been looking at correlations of certain health risk factors like sugar consumption and physical activity levels and how those relate to obesity rates and heart […]
I’ve been doing some exploratory data visualization of sugar consumption correlations to obesity rates and body mass index (BMI) in the US, Canada, and several western European nations. In an article on Digital Splash Media, I posted some line charts showing sugar consumption and BMI for United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, […]
Over on Digital Splash Media I’ve recently shared some experimentation with two fairly new online data visualization tools; RAW, from Density Design and Plotly. I first explored the use of bubble charts to explore some health care visualization using RAW. While finishing up that exploration, I stumbled upon a fairly new tool, Plotly, which also […]
The 2013 college football season is about to wrap up with the championship game on Monday between Florida State and Auburn. Over the last two college football seasons I’ve visually tracked the ups and downs of the top 25 teams as they’re ranked in both the AP and BCS football polls. 2013 BCS College Football […]
Two visualization luminaries, Andy Kirk and Nathan Yau, look back on 2013 and review significant developments in visualization. 10 significant visualisation developments: July to December 2013 10 significant visualisation developments: January to June 2013 Data and visualization year in review, 2013
First of all, congratulation to the Boston Red Sox, Boston fans, and the city of Boston for winning the world series at home yesterday. Well-deserved! Inspired by the great championship posters at The Champions Ring, I created my own version of the 2013 Major League Baseball post-season games, from the wildcard games to the world […]
I’m an Oakland A’s fan, and as a follow-up to last year’s Oakland A’s win/loss infographic here’s the sequel, portraying the scores, wins and losses of each game in both the regular season and post season. New this year is a line chart that tracks the 5 teams in the American League West division across […]
Density Design recently released their new data visualization tool, RAW, which they bill as “the missing link between spreadsheets and vector graphics.” I finally got some time last weekend to experiment with it a bit. I chose to visualize a correlation of major league baseball pitcher’s ERA’s to their winning percentage and throw in a […]
- Visualizing My Craft Beer Consumption with Circular Dendrograms April 6, 2014
- Getting Scatterbrained with Scatter and Bubble Plots March 30, 2014
- Animated Scatter Plot Experiment March 15, 2014
- Bubble Plots: Plotly vs RAW February 3, 2014
- 2013 College Football Rankings Visualization January 4, 2014
- Grudge Match: Pie Chart vs. Bar Chart February 2, 2013
- Word Count as Bar Chart Visualization Mockups November 8, 2012
- Sketchnote Handbook Review December 29, 2012
- Variations in US Unemployment Interactive Infographic Mock-up November 24, 2012
- 2012 Year in Review Personal Visual Summary January 1, 2013
- Edward Tufte: “De fato, a história da visualização de dados é substancialmente a história da ciência” | Jornalismo de dados: [...] Via [...]...
- Harry van der Velde: First: This is incredible smart technology. What...
- Andrew Marritt: Thanks for the interesting post. Our workflow is t...
- John Cleese on Creativity – Video and Sketchnotes | VizThinker | Stan Stewart's Blog: [...] See on vizthinker.com [...]...
- Jeff Bennett: Good to hear. Thanks Stephen. Good to read your ar...