New sketchnotes from Javier Sandoval about Landscape Urbanism based on a video lecture of a course from the University of Pennsylvania.
First of all, congratulation to the Boston Red Sox, Boston fans, and the city of ...
I’m an Oakland A’s fan, and as a follow-up to last year’s Oakland A’s win/loss ...
Density Design recently released their new data visualization tool, RAW, which they bill as “the ...
Last year, over the course of the college football season, I created a couple of ...
First of all, congratulation to the Boston Red Sox, Boston fans, and the city of Boston for winning the world series at home yesterday. Well-deserved! Inspired by the great championship posters at The Champions Ring, I created my own version of the 2013 Major League Baseball post-season games, from the wildcard games to the world […]
I’m an Oakland A’s fan, and as a follow-up to last year’s Oakland A’s win/loss infographic here’s the sequel, portraying the scores, wins and losses of each game in both the regular season and post season. New this year is a line chart that tracks the 5 teams in the American League West division across […]
Density Design recently released their new data visualization tool, RAW, which they bill as “the missing link between spreadsheets and vector graphics.” I finally got some time last weekend to experiment with it a bit. I chose to visualize a correlation of major league baseball pitcher’s ERA’s to their winning percentage and throw in a […]
Last year, over the course of the college football season, I created a couple of visualizations to track college football team rankings over the weeks of the season for both the AP and BCS polls. The results were a bit tedious to create and a bit garish to look at. While I occasionally enjoy ‘couch-gating’ […]
The need to create visual explanations like presentations is commonplace in the business world today. The inherent ability to present ideas and communicate visually with tools like Microsoft PowerPoint and Apple Keynote is great. But you either need to find the right graphics or create your own. Finding graphics that you have permission to use […]
Wearing my Digital Splash Media hat, I’ve been working on a collaborative project to explain in simple term what the term digital health means. I teamed up with Paul Sonnier, a leader in the digital health community to create this short animated video explanation. Paul provided the script, narration, and audio file while I created […]
Sports and data visualization are a natural fit for each other, and for me, visualizing the data is part of the appeal of following a sports team. Last year, I created a couple of data visualizations for baseball teams like the Oakland Athletics 2012 Regular Season Wins/Losses Infographic. I’m working on a new version this […]
I’m a big fan of animated infographic explainer videos. Designing and creating them is the heart of my visual explanations business. They’re a fantastic, effective, and engaging way to explain something in a short amount of time. But many small businesses are often surprised at the cost. Animating and editing custom graphics can be very […]
Google has entered the custom infographic creation game. They’re new product, Databoard for Research Insights, lets you choose a set of data, select from a set of info nuggets and place them into an infographic. As with most new Google products, they’ve got a short explainer video to introduce it. It’s a beautiful lazy, sunny, […]
- Sketchnotes – Landscape Urbanism November 16, 2013
- 2013 MLB Playoffs Infographic October 31, 2013
- 2013 Oakland Athletics Infographic October 22, 2013
- RAW Visualization of 2013 MLB Pitching ERA October 15, 2013
- 2013 AP College Football Rankings Visualization October 6, 2013
- Grudge Match: Pie Chart vs. Bar Chart February 2, 2013
- Word Count as Bar Chart Visualization Mockups November 8, 2012
- Sketchnote Handbook Review December 29, 2012
- Variations in US Unemployment Interactive Infographic Mock-up November 24, 2012
- 2012 Year in Review Personal Visual Summary January 1, 2013
- Edward Tufte: “De fato, a história da visualização de dados é substancialmente a história da ciência” | Jornalismo de dados: [...] Via [...]...
- Harry van der Velde: First: This is incredible smart technology. What...
- Andrew Marritt: Thanks for the interesting post. Our workflow is t...
- John Cleese on Creativity – Video and Sketchnotes | VizThinker | Stan Stewart's Blog: [...] See on vizthinker.com [...]...
- Jeff Bennett: Good to hear. Thanks Stephen. Good to read your ar...