Over on Digital Splash Media I’ve recently shared some experimentation with two fairly new online data visualization tools; RAW, from Density Design and Plotly. I first explored the use of bubble charts to explore some health care visualization using RAW. While finishing up that exploration, I stumbled upon a fairly new tool, Plotly, which also […]
Over on Digital Splash Media I’ve recently shared some experimentation with two fairly new online ...
The 2013 college football season is about to wrap up with the championship game on ...
First of all, congratulation to the Boston Red Sox, Boston fans, and the city of ...
Density Design recently released their new data visualization tool, RAW, which they bill as “the ...
The 2013 college football season is about to wrap up with the championship game on Monday between Florida State and Auburn. Over the last two college football seasons I’ve visually tracked the ups and downs of the top 25 teams as they’re ranked in both the AP and BCS football polls. 2013 BCS College Football […]
Two visualization luminaries, Andy Kirk and Nathan Yau, look back on 2013 and review significant developments in visualization. 10 significant visualisation developments: July to December 2013 10 significant visualisation developments: January to June 2013 Data and visualization year in review, 2013
First of all, congratulation to the Boston Red Sox, Boston fans, and the city of Boston for winning the world series at home yesterday. Well-deserved! Inspired by the great championship posters at The Champions Ring, I created my own version of the 2013 Major League Baseball post-season games, from the wildcard games to the world […]
I’m an Oakland A’s fan, and as a follow-up to last year’s Oakland A’s win/loss infographic here’s the sequel, portraying the scores, wins and losses of each game in both the regular season and post season. New this year is a line chart that tracks the 5 teams in the American League West division across […]
Density Design recently released their new data visualization tool, RAW, which they bill as “the missing link between spreadsheets and vector graphics.” I finally got some time last weekend to experiment with it a bit. I chose to visualize a correlation of major league baseball pitcher’s ERA’s to their winning percentage and throw in a […]
Last year, over the course of the college football season, I created a couple of visualizations to track college football team rankings over the weeks of the season for both the AP and BCS polls. The results were a bit tedious to create and a bit garish to look at. While I occasionally enjoy ‘couch-gating’ […]
The need to create visual explanations like presentations is commonplace in the business world today. The inherent ability to present ideas and communicate visually with tools like Microsoft PowerPoint and Apple Keynote is great. But you either need to find the right graphics or create your own. Finding graphics that you have permission to use […]
Wearing my Digital Splash Media hat, I’ve been working on a collaborative project to explain in simple term what the term digital health means. I teamed up with Paul Sonnier, a leader in the digital health community to create this short animated video explanation. Paul provided the script, narration, and audio file while I created […]
- Bubble Plots: Plotly vs RAW February 3, 2014
- 2013 College Football Rankings Visualization January 4, 2014
- 2013 Visualization Review December 29, 2013
- Sketchnotes – Landscape Urbanism November 16, 2013
- 2013 MLB Playoffs Infographic October 31, 2013
- Grudge Match: Pie Chart vs. Bar Chart February 2, 2013
- Word Count as Bar Chart Visualization Mockups November 8, 2012
- Sketchnote Handbook Review December 29, 2012
- 2012 Year in Review Personal Visual Summary January 1, 2013
- Variations in US Unemployment Interactive Infographic Mock-up November 24, 2012
- Edward Tufte: “De fato, a história da visualização de dados é substancialmente a história da ciência” | Jornalismo de dados: [...] Via [...]...
- Harry van der Velde: First: This is incredible smart technology. What...
- Andrew Marritt: Thanks for the interesting post. Our workflow is t...
- John Cleese on Creativity – Video and Sketchnotes | VizThinker | Stan Stewart's Blog: [...] See on vizthinker.com [...]...
- Jeff Bennett: Good to hear. Thanks Stephen. Good to read your ar...